Pages

December 31, 2018

Daytona Beach 2018

This past September, my dad and I spent most of a week at a condo complex in Daytona Beach for the first of hopefully many visits. It was a timeshare, this week being my parents' technically, although we stayed in my aunt and uncle's unit this year. I also bought a week in May starting this next year, so something to look forward to.

Our trip was partially a working vacation, so we worked Tuesday and Wednesday, but that left Saturday evening, Sunday, and Thursday morning for exploring and enjoying the beach, and we took a trip on Monday to Kennedy Space Center!
That was a fun day trip, even when the bus got stuck on the side of the road due to a wide load coming through! I didn't remember the space center at all from my childhood, so I was in awe at some of the exhibits, especially the space shuttle Atlantis.

I really look forward to this trip in the future, the September week matches up with some cousins, so it was nice to see some distant family who we don't see often. And although I prefer mountains and lakes, walking a quiet, offseason beach isn't too bad! 😜

No comments: